So I managed to finish a pair of socks for husby on the weekend:
What’s that you say? “Not a pair?” Well, ok, if you must be pedantic about it, they aren’t a matching pair. But I did finish them both on the weekend! I guess I’ll make the second one of each of them, if you insist!
I’m pretty darn happy with them though. The stripey plain one is done toe up in Regia Kaffe Fassett yarn (Landscape Fire colour) – there’s perhaps a bit too much brown, and the blue and green stripes don’t pop quite as much in real life, but they are very cool socks. Very surprised (but happy) when husby chose this particular yarn, as he had the option of a few different ones.
And the Buried Treasure sock – love it! I thought it would be very slow going (there’s cables on every second row!) but I put in a good solid effort when I was visiting my mum, and got the leg done (92 stitches around, the leg is!) and so the foot (only 72 stitches) positively flew in comparison!
The only problem is I am not going to have enough yarn! All those cables really chew up the yarn, and even though the STR lightweight is a fairly generous skein, I will be about 10g short.
So I’m putting a call out here, anyone with 10g of STR lightweight in Beryl, please let me know if you would be prepared to part with it – I can pay, swap yarn or send chocolate! I’ll also do the same on Rav, and hopefully I’ll come up with some…