I have given up on finishing even one of Husby’s secret socks in time for his birthday – lucky Christmas is only a couple of months away! I changed back to 3+1 sticks, I found using 4+1 a bit too hard to manage. Maybe if the sticks were shorter (they are 20cm) it might have been easier. I’m getting a bit better at managing the ladders. I just keep moving the stitches around the sticks every 4 or so rows.
But to make up for it, I did manage to finish his alpaca socks – again, just in time for summer! But he does love his handmade socks. And fortunately, he found the first pair I made him so there will be more socks for him in the future. I will post FO details later (I’m doing this at work (naughty!) and forgot to bring the label) .