My name is Rose Red and I’m addicted to buying yarn.
I really only started knitting properly again about 2.5 years ago, after not having done any since I was a teenager. A work colleague asked me how to cast off a scarf she was making and I could actually remember how to do it. And that inspired me to make a scarf. And then my best friend fell pregnant with twins and so I decided to make a jumper for each of them. And so it went on from there.
In that period, I have managed, somehow, I don’t know how and don’t even want to contemplate how, to purchase a large amount of yarn. A VERY large amount of yarn. Almost 23 kilos (or 50lb) of yarn. Looking at how much I knit last year, I’d say that’s probably enough to last me 10 years. Oh my.
Inspired by others out there in blogland, I am joining in Knit from your Stash 2007. Here’s my version of the rules:
Rose Red: Knit from your Stash 2007
- Sock yarn doesn’t count (see, I’m making exceptions already) – but only if it is the most superfantastic sock yarn that I’ll never be able to get again.
- I can buy yarn for knitted gifts (or yarn-y gifts) but only if I don’t already have something suitable in the stash (no intentional picking of projects for which I know I have no stash!)
- I am allowed to buy a particular discontinued yarn if it ever becomes available (eg on eBay)
- I can buy sticks, books and other knitting accessories
- I can buy yarn to complete a project using stash yarn, if absolutely necessary
- I can buy yarn for my birthday
- I can receive yarn as a gift (a genuine gift!)
- I can fall off the wagon twice (not counting my birthday or sock yarn!)
- Knit from your Stash commences 1 February 2007 through to 31 December 2007.
To help, I am also going to do more of this: