A while ago Knitting Sprouts tagged me for the weird/random things meme. I love how these go around, and around, and around – it’s always interested reading about people’s quirks. I’ve been thinking about it for a while, to try and come up with more weirdness in addition to that I’ve already revealed here (and there’s more links within that post too!).
And I figured it was the little things that stand out. They’re not the things you often talk about in real life, or in conversation with friends or acquaintances – you don’t hear this often:
Person 1: did you know I can put both of my big toes in my mouth at the same time?*
Person 2: (somewhat baffled) why no, I did not. (edging away) Oh, look, I think I need to refresh my drink/go to the bathroom/jump off a cliff…
So here we go:
1. Last week I had Milk Duds for the first time ever. They are things I’ve read about in American books and blogs and heard on American tv shows, but I had no idea what they were. And now I know. Chocolate covered caramels shaped somewhat unnervingly like poo. But clearly that did not stop me from eating the entire contents of the box in about 5 minutes flat.
2. Clearly, though, they are not as good as these (especially straight from the fridge cold):
(suck eggs, yanks!!)
3. I can’t resist juvenile “humour” (sorry about that last comment my good American friends). I am such a child sometimes!
4. Husby and I go through phases with our nightly cooking – in that we’ll have about 4 or 5 dishes that we cook every week, and then eventually we try something new and phase out an old recipe and bring in the new one. But we rarely ever use cookbooks, even though we’ve got a cupboard full of them.
Last night I tried something new:
It was also delicious with this:
(well, not the peach jam, but the bread – bought fresh yesterday from Berry’s fantastic Sourdough Bakery).
5. I have 9 sock knitting books but have only knitted socks from 3 of them (let’s not start counting how many knitting books generally I have but have not yet knit anything from them…)
6. And perhaps the weirdest thing of all – yesterday I went to a great yarn store
and DID NOT BUY ANY YARN!
(I may have bought this book though. Notwithstanding point 5 above).
*7. I did used to be able to do this (both toes in mouth at once). But I can’t any more (I recently tried!). Although someone else
can…I am most