Last week I did something which is a very rare occurrence in RoseRedville.
I frogged a WIP. Entirely. Right back to balls of yarn.
Yep, you heard right, I, RoseRed, who will Always Fudge Rather Than Frog, frogged.
Last year I started a Baktus scarf
, with the remainer of the first ball, and the second ball of the Wendy Happy bamboo sock yarn (that I used for these socks). I had seen projects done using self-striping yarn, alternating the balls to get narrow one row stripes, and they looked really good. I thought this yarn would work well for this type of project.
But I just wasn’t feeling the love. I ended up having a big wad of grey (even though I was still alternating the balls), and I also ended up cutting the yarn to avoid another big wad of orange. And I think the really small sticks (2.75mm) for a scarf was another reason I was less than enamoured.
And I also found another pattern
(designed for self-striping sock yarn) which I thought would work better with this yarn. And so one night last week I just Did It (hence the crappy flash photos).
And in less than a week, I’m already 3/5 of the way through the new scarf (further along than this photo shows).
I think it is an improvement on the Baktus, although I do still like that pattern, just not my initial yarn choice for it. If I get around to making it again, I will still stripe it, but with plain colours instead! Yay for frogging (on the rare occasion that it is absolutely necessary!)